Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The sweetest reason to design...

I'm going to take one good guess that I am not the only gal out there who has thought "one day putting together a nursery will be the sweetest reason to design a space." Well it was. I thoroughly enjoyed planning and implementing this cheery little space for our darling little man on the way! It wasn't easy though!
I went through SEVERAL idea boards before this one was allowed. Allowed? Yes. Allowed. My husband intervened several times which he never does. I was surprised by his involvement but he swooped in several times and kiboshed ideas because they were too girly. Well, it worked out because I am in love with this bright, fun and eclectic nursery! It took a lot of treasure hunting, out loud thinking with family and friends, a mid-century rocker (yes it rocks!!) green chair re-do that gave me heart palpitations and a lot of help from my dear friends, my mom and my husband because I was huge and halfway incapable. We have had this done for some time now...and I love to just walk in there, sit and smile waiting for this big blessing to arrive. Little man...we can't wait to meet you and I hope you love your cheery space for a cheery you.





















12 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I especially love how you framed the "getting sleepy" print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clicked on over from Ohdeedoh - loved seeing more photos of this inspiring space. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the room!! Great job! Where did you get the H Jackson Brown print?

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely! can i ask where you got the fabric for the crib bedding? i am expecting our third baby boy this fall and i am stumped finding fabrics for his quilt. the other two both have one and i just can't find a collection that i love. these are great! thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just saw your framed "You're Getting Very Sleepy" sign over at Poppies at Play. Way cute! I'm thinking it would be great to hang something like that in my entry way and change it out for seasons or holidays. Thank you for the wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where did you get the "Getting Sleepy" print? I LOVE IT!!! Did you make it? Where can I get it? Is it a free printable? Can you tell I'm just a little bit obsessed with it? Ha!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the orange rug. Can you tell me where that is from?

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's beyond precious! my husband would approve, too. especially because there are framed vintage albums, which he loves! i love so many thing about this... that chair... wow! LOVE it! i love the cards {flash cards??} hanging on the wall. are they vintage? are they flash cards. also, i have to ask... where did you get that precious print... "you are the high in my noon..." i really want it!

    i know what you are saying. designing my son's {who arrived in june} room was the most fun i ever had designing. and the rug you used, i actually considered for my son's room. his entire room is a orange, brown, white and cream colored theme... with vintage and birds. the rug would have been perfect for it.

    again, your room is really sweet. your son must love to hang out in there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice room! I am considering buying the same rug for our baby's room but was wondering if it's tough to vacuum atop carpet?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love love the art work - we're going for the same thing in our nursery. Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really lovely room. Where did you find the rocking sheep? Do you remember the store or name of the maker? I would love one! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete